Thursday, January 2, 2014

70th Epistle from Elder Kaleb Erickson serving in Patchogue, New York

The Year of New York        written Dec 30, 2013

Tomorrow will bring an end to the calendar year of my mission. The one year of my life that will be entirely spent on my mission. Only part of 2012 and part of 2014, but 2013 was the year of New York City. And I must say, it was a good one.

The Christmas Eve mission conference was a great success. All of the songs went well, we had a nice lunch, and I got to see all of my friends for Christmas. Can't ask for much more than that. I think it was more fun to see everybody than to hear all the music and stuff. We took pictures with each zone and with the whole mission.


December 24, 2013  Entire NY NY South Mission
December 24, 2013  Zone Picture - Elder Erickson on the right....
This was a slow week. My companion is and has been sick all week. So there were a number of times this week when we would just go home and he would sleep. I don't mind that, it just means that we didn't visit or teach very much this week. We spent time getting to know the area in Patchogue, New York.

In other news, I'm putting together another concert for January. I got a call from my friend Elder Lavelle in Far Rockaway. He wants to put together another concert like we did last year, but this time about the Plan of Salvation instead of the Restoration. Thankfully, I'm only in charge of music. He's taking care of the script and the organization. I just have to find musicians and arrangements. I love it. In the past, I've had to work with whoever was nearby and could make it to the event. Since the concert will be in Far Rockaway or Belle Harbor, I can do whatever I want. There are no limits this time around. I'm only calling the best. Or at least the people I think are the best. This concert is going to blow people's minds. There's another elder in he English ward that shares the building with us here, named Elder Veser. He's putting together a Restoration concert for this area and asked for my help. I'm apparently playing 5 numbers for that one. That should be fun. I just hope the two concerts don't fall on the same day. That would end poorly.

Also, the shoulder bag works great. I wish we walked around more so I could utilize it better, but I still like it. Thanks for sending that.

Love you guys! Thanks for everything!

Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment