Thursday, May 16, 2013

37th Epistle from Elder Kaleb Erickson serving in Far Rockaway, NY


New Adventures Await!     written May 13, 2013

Finally, the call came! I'm being transferred to a new area tomorrow! It's a very bittersweet time in my life right now. On the one hand, I'm really excited to go to a new area and meet new people and get a change in scene. On the other hand, I'm going to really miss the people here in the Far Rockaway branch. 

Sister Phiri and daughter from Zambia.  She once served me boiled caterpillers!

They are such sweet, loving people. In sacrament meeting yesterday, the primary had a Mother's Day program where all the little kids got to go up and say something about their mom. It was the sweetest meeting ever. It's so hard to say goodbye to these people who have been like my family for the last six and a half months. I wish I had my camera cord so I could send you some of the pictures I took yesterday. This branch will forever be my home away from home. I don't know how my next area can compare with this one.

Primary Children in the Far Rockaway Branch
Yesterday was such a weird day because I got to talk with you guys, then the rest of the day I was saying goodbye to everyone. Those are two things I don't do very often, let alone on the same day. 

Emilia Lima and her son.

Elder Hart and I just made a blitz to visit as many people as we could before the day ended. And that's our plan for today too. It is fun to see everybody one more time and I'll hopefully be able to come back someday and see them all again.

The O'Reagan Family from the Far Rockaway Branch
But anyways, I'll find out tomorrow where I'm headed and who my new companion will be. It will definitely be a new adventure; one that I'm excited for. I'll have lots to tell you all next week!
Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment